How to Hang Grommet Curtains & Drapes?
Grommet curtains are window treatments that can be quickly hung without making holes in the wall or window frame. They’re a terrific way to make your window curtains more stylish and functional. Because these curtains are simple to use, they might save you time in hanging curtains.
They also look fabulous when you hang them and add a unique modern touch to your interior. But if you don’t know how to properly hang grommet curtains, it may be a total hassle.
Although hanging these curtains is a simple task, getting the proper measurements can be challenging. If you’re not sure how to accomplish it, here’s a step-by-step tutorial on hanging your first grommet curtains.
Benefits Of Installing Grommet Curtains
Grommet curtains are a terrific alternative if you’re looking for new curtains for your home. Grommet curtains have many design options that other types of curtains don’t have. Grommets are adaptable, since they may be sewed into any form or color.
These curtains are also easy to maintain because they can be readily removed and washed if necessary. Grommet curtains have fewer seams than other types of curtains, so they are less likely to rip or tear. The following are some advantages of having grommet curtains in your room:
- Grommet curtains are great for high-ceilinged areas.
- They’re a terrific way to give your place more solitude.
- They can be used in any room of the house, including living rooms, bedrooms, baths, and kitchens.
- Take pleasure in seeing your tastefully adorned home.
- Inviting positive and uplifting energy into your home is a good idea.
- Elevate your spirit and improve your space’s attitude.
- Grommets come in a variety of shapes and colors, making them quite flexible.
- It makes it simple to open and close your curtains.
- When necessary, you may take them down and wash them for a quick clean-up.
Steps To Hang Grommet Curtains
Grommets are a terrific way to give your home an extra flair of style. They’re simple to use, inexpensive, and come in various styles. It might be quite difficult if you don’t know what you’re doing. The instructions below will walk you through hanging a grommet curtain perfectly:
1. Determine The Place To Hang The Curtains
This is crucial to understand first since it will assist you in determining the size and type of grommet curtains you require. The best area to install your grommet drape is where there is plenty of natural light. Grommet curtains allow the maximum amount of light to enter the space while maintaining privacy and thus giving an aesthetic touch.
2. Measure The Length Of the Rod
This will define the width of your grommet curtains. Divide the total length of the window or room you’re hanging curtains in by four to get this figure. This will help you get the overall width of the curtain panels.
3. Measure The Length Of the Curtains
This is also crucial since it determines how many grommets you should use for each panel. Take a measurement from the wall to where you want the curtains to hang. For example, if you want to hang them in such a way that they give a puddle effect, then you have to get the extra long curtains that fall on the surface of the floor all the time.
4. Measure The Diameter Of The Rod
This is the most crucial measurement because it dictates the size of grommets required. It can be calculated by putting the widths of each panel together and then multiplying by two. Another option is to subtract 1/2 inch to account for the largest curtain rod diameter possible. You can apply your measurements to your grommet curtains whenever you’re satisfied with them.
5. Measure Your Window Frame
To get the height of the curtains, calculate from the ground to where you want the draperies to fall. For a good aesthetic, add a few extra inches to the taken measurement, and cover your windows completely to get complete privacy.
6. Determine The Grommet Placement On Curtain Panels
Determine the grommet placement so that the curtain rod should pass through the middle of each grommet when you install the curtains. It’s possible to position them higher or lower on the panel, but this may change your dimensions.
7. Cut Your Curtain Panels
Cut your grommet panels to the required length as per the measurements taken off the place where you want to hang the curtains. Fold in the top border a few inches above the window to give a perfect finish.
8. Attach The Grommets
Grommets are often installed with metal corner grommet pliers, which push on both sides of the center ring at the same time for a quick installation.
9. Hang The Curtains On Rod
Install the curtain panels on the rod to hang them. Now attach the wire to each grommet. That will help you open and close your home curtains easily.
10. Strings and Position the Grommet Drape
Thread the grommet curtain on each panel and pull it back to the other side. Adjust each one until they are at the same height, then place them on your window for a polished look.
Precautionary Measures To Take When Hang The Grommet Curtains
If you’re going to hang a grommet curtain, be sure to follow these precautionary guidelines:
- Before cutting the fabric, double-check your measurements, as this is where most issues arise.
- Make sure the grommets are facing you or against each other when you slip the curtain onto the curtain rod; it’s easy to get them jumbled up if they’re facing you or against each other.
- To achieve a balanced aesthetic, thread and arrange your grommet curtain.
- When attaching your grommets, be careful, since pressing them in with a copper rim corner pincer can be hard and risky when you push hard or too fast.
- You could use a grommet reamer to force your grommets through the fabric if they don’t fit properly.
- When organizing and threading the curtains, be cautious of children because if they get trapped in them, it can be dangerous for them.
- If your grommet curtains are difficult to open and close, it will cause breakage of the grommets.
Best Tips On Hanging Grommet Curtains
After you’ve learned how to hang grommets, consider the following suggestions to make the procedure easier.
- To create the illusion of a bay window, stitch one end of the curtain to make curtain rod pockets.
- Before hanging the curtain, make sure you have enough fabric so that it reaches the floor.
- To hold the panels closed, use wire or string.
- Make sure your panels are symmetrically hung by mixing and matching them.
- Hang each grommet opening panel separately using wire or string.
- Before cutting the cloth, double-check your measurements.
- Make sure the grommets are on the correct panel, as this is where most problems occur.
- Before cutting the cloth, double-check that your measurements are correct.
This is how you will successfully hang the grommet curtains. Try to cover all the aspects related to grommet curtains in order to give you the perfect guide. If you are still facing any difficulty, let us know by posting a comment. Stay connected with us to get more stunning lessons like this.