We have a lot on our plates, particularly in the mornings when we have to hurry to the workplace. So, what should we do?
cornflakes, muesli, and granola are the most popular choices. All we have to do now is take out cereal from custom printed cereal boxes, add milk or yogurt and perhaps some fruits, and we’re done.
Furthermore, the advertisements plainly state how healthy they are, stating that they are rich in iron, calcium, and other nutrients. What more do we require?
However, it is possible that they are concealing the quantity of processed sugar they use in order to create such delicious morning cereals. Are you under the impression that you have been spared since you have chosen the low-calorie and low-fat versions?
Well, let me crush your heart by telling you that you have been duped time and time again. So, what should we do? Making the most of your time is essential, and you can’t go wrong with your health.
You may not have considered how much money you spend on morning cereal, but you may have estimated it. Stop squandering your money on it. You can produce a better, healthier, and quicker version by devoting 30 minutes of your weekend time to it.
A 30-minute investment in the sake of a nutritious handmade breakfast cereal to enjoy throughout the week isn’t such a terrible bargain, right? All you need to prepare an easy homemade breakfast cereal are the following ingredients:
- Cereal (any two or three with their raw versions) – 200 g each (puffed rice, flaked rice, rolled oats, wheat flakes, ragi flakes, cornflakes, or any combination of these).
- Nuts (Almond, Cashew, Walnut – all or any combination of the three – 50 grams each)
- Dry fruits (dates, figs, raisins – either one or two of these depending on personal preference) – 50 gm each
- Seeds (Pumpkin seed, Sesame seed, Melon seed, Flaxseed – all or any combination of the above – to taste) Each weighs 25 grams.
- Cinnamon powder to taste (optional).
- Jaggery (amount depends on personal preference)
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened)- optional- depending on personal preference
- Grated coconut (optional, depending on flavor)
What is the best way to prepare a quick breakfast cereal?
Dry roast the breakfast cereals that you have selected for 10 minutes on a dry pan.
Cook the nuts and seeds separately for 5 minutes each in the same manner as in Step 2.
Combine all of the cereals, nuts, and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle the jaggery powder on top of the roasted mixture from the top down.
Combine all of the ingredients.
Sprinkle the mixture with cinnamon and cocoa powder/coconut.
Recombine all of the ingredients.
Allow the mixture to cool completely before transferring it to a glass or stainless steel container.
What is the proper way to consume this?
Consume your cornflakes/ muesli/ granola in the manner in which you choose, adding milk (hot or cold) or yogurt as desired. You may also include a banana or any other fruits of your choosing.
You may also have one or two handfuls of this quick breakfast cereal as a healthy evening snack. Say goodbye to custom bakery packaging, and try this simple recipe!
But why should I create this morning cereal at home in the first place?
- Toasted grains, seeds, dried fruits, and nuts are combined to create a well-balanced nutritional profile
- High in protein, fiber, healthy fats, and minerals
- The prepared meal that is ready in minutes – saves time.
- Because you make it at home, you know precisely what you are consuming.
- There is no processed sugar or hidden sugar in your morning cereal. Moreover, you can control the quantity of jaggery you use, which is crucial since you are aware of how much jaggery you are consuming.
- No preservatives or chemicals are present in homemade cereals. Commercial breakfast cereals often contain lots of chemicals and preservatives to keep them fresher for longer. However, if you are preparing it at home, you will not need to add any.
- You may make several flavors of morning cereal, such as chocolate, cinnamon, and coconut, depending on your preference.
- Saves money – When compared to commercial breakfast cereals, you may earn twice as much money while spending half the money.
- It’s delicious!