Visual Communication is a professional discipline that employs non-verbal visual means to communicate with target audience. You are required to gain competencies in varied skills like animation, photography, illustration, graphic design, editing or airbrushing, of photographs. Visual Communication facilitate in creation of content that is utilized in disciplines such as digital & print media, game design, film making, photography, motion graphics, interaction design, animation, 3D artists etc.
Career opportunities include functioning in architecture and interior designing industry, industrial design, movie industry, publishing, advertising, web designing, packaging etc.
Role of a Visual Communication Designer:
His role varies as per industry. He is responsible for controlling the overall aesthetic, artistic concept and design of digital projects. Following are the responsibilities of Visual Communication Designer:
- Responsible for assimilating brand’s aesthetic into varied visual elements allied with the company including brand’s visual identity, logos besides designing brochures, email templates, web banner ads, presentation materials etc.
- Plan & design innovative layouts of diverse digital product interactions such as games, applications, webpages, wearable & non-wearable devices etc.
- To convey complex ideas in an understandable form, he is accountable for creating info graphics.
- Develop, manage & modify digital products to suit various devices, such as PCs, tablets & smart phones
- Create wireframes, screen mockups, and customer-focused interaction models
- Determine project parameters and improve as per client’s feedback.
- In order to be eligible to pursue Visual Communication Design, you need to clear 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board in any stream.
- The eligible candidate will need to pass the entrance exam, which must be followed by clearing the interview round. Basis the merit in 12th exams and their performance in the entrance and interview, students are allowed admission to the Visual Communication Design course.
Skills required for Visual Communication design course:
To be successful in Communication Design, following are the essential skills required:
- Exceptional Visualisation, writing and communication skill
- Artistic, creative & aesthetic sense
- Computer skills
- Adept in various software, motion design, animation etc.
- Capable of negotiating deals as well as presenting concepts
- Eye for detail
- Organised with capability of setting up priorities along with managing multiple projects within deadlines
- Able to not only work independently but also in a team
Visual Communication Design course:
- The program must mentor students with proficiencies in design principles as well as its use across varied communication challenges and diverse media.
- The curriculum not only offers an understanding of how socio cultural settings impacts people, but also helps devise solution in terms of apt strategies & innovative concepts.
- The course must equip students with capabilities in graphics, typography, motion graphics, image processing, sequential art, illustration and narration.
- The program must inspire students to work in both contemporary digital as well as traditional medium.
- The students must be encouraged to blend technical comprehension with varied research methodologies so as to come up with innovative approach to problem solving.
- The college must ensure apt exposure of students to diverse industries such as advertising, Web/mobile app designing, game developing, VFX, Multimedia designing, & Interaction Designers etc.
Register to Visual Communication Design Course and make a career out of what you love.