Microsoft’s DP 900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals exam might be a terrific way to get your career started. The certificates demonstrate your attention to your goal and make you a more appealing candidate for the job. To survive in the business sphere, you must raise your skill level above excellence.
You must make extra efforts and make things light up according to your style to stand out in a crowd. But, before you decide to take this Microsoft certification, you should be aware of the test structure, exam policies, and preparation tools that can be useful.
Fundamentals of Microsoft Azure Data (DP-900)
Candidates appearing for this test must have a solid understanding of fundamental data principles and how to apply those using Microsoft Azure data services from the Microsoft course. This test is designed for students who are just getting started with cloud data. Candidates should be familiar with relational and non-relational data fundamentals and the many types of data workloads, such as transactional and analytical.
Additionally, Azure Data Fundamentals may be used to prepare for other Azure role-based certifications such as Azure Database Administrator Associate or Azure Data Engineer Associate. However, it is not required for any of them.
The DP 900 Test Format
- To begin with, the test is called Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals, and the exam code is DP 900. This test comprises 40-60 questions of various types such as case studies, short answers, multiple-choice, mark review, drag and drop, etc.
- Following that, applicants will be able to take the test in English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, French, German, and Spanish. Furthermore, this exam will cost USD 99 plus any taxes.
- Furthermore, you must pass this exam in 120 minutes. This is not tough if you can manage your time properly. You will require a minimum score of 700 to pass the exam (on a scale of 1000).
- This qualification is one of the prerequisites for Microsoft Certified Professional: Azure Data Fundamentals
How can you sign up for the DP 900 exam?
To register for the test, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Microsoft website and look for your certificate on the list. Then, to register, click Schedule Exam. Also check this link if you are planning to become a microsoft 365 certified.
- Following that, if the certificate is accessible in your country, you will be able to choose the test during the registration procedure.
- Finally, you will be able to choose the language of the greeting, proctor, and proctoring software.
DP 900 Exam Core Module
The test itself consists of around 50 questions covering four main core subjects. These are some examples:
- Describing Core Data Concepts (15–20 percent)
- On Azure, Defining Relational Data (25-30 percent)
- On Azure, Defining Non-Relational Data (25-30 percent)
- Defining Azure Analytics Workloads (25-30 percent)
There is more than enough time on this test to read and answer all of the questions, so don’t rush! If you come across a question that you are unsure about, you can return to it towards the end. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are no penalty scores for incorrect responses.
DP 900 Exam Policy for Retakes
- If you do not pass the test on the first try, you must wait at least 24 hours before retaking it. If you pass the test, you will not be able to repeat it.
- Furthermore, if you do not pass the exam on your second attempt, you must wait at least 14 days before retaking the exam. This is the same procedure for failing on the third, fourth, or fifth attempt.
- Finally, you will be limited to taking the exam no more than five times each year. This year’s 12-month term begins with your failure on the fifth try. If you want to take the test for more than five months every year, you must contact Microsoft.
The Microsoft Certified Azure Data Fundamentals DP 900 certification will provide you with an in-depth understanding of basic data principles as well as how data services function in the Azure platform. This Microsoft Azure certification also offers a good foundation for individuals looking to create a career in an Azure Data-related field.
You will gain confidence in your preparations for completing the DP 900 course and gaining its certification if you have a thorough understanding of the essential suggestions.
Additional Read: 5 Websites Students Can Get Help